Mac Poker - Mac Online Poker
At Macpoker.co.uk we display which real money poker sites are compatible with Mac computers. There is an option to download these sites or play using what is commonly referred to as “no download” capabilities. Poker websites offer both option or only one.
We explain the difference between “downloadable” and “no-download” rooms below. Poker tracking software on Macs is also discussed. A brief review of what site has the best feature such as bonuses, player traffic, tournaments etc., to help you better decide which poker room to choose is also mentioned below.
- BetOnline.ag - US Friendly Mac site that has a lot of fish at the tables
- Pokerstars.com - Stars has the most players playing at any given time by a landslide
- Partypoker.com - Always a classic favorite, a finely tuned poker site to play at.
No-download “Java” poker rooms on Macs
- Pacificpoker.com - Notorious to have bad poker players
- Partypoker.com/anywhere - As was stated prior.
Playing on no-download software or downloadable software
I personally like using both methods it just depends on what kind of mood I’m in. If you’re one of those people who likes to play at 5 or 6 different poker sites then you might want to use some of the no-download poker sites just to keep from having a bunch of programs on your Mac and slowing it up.
You’ll find that no-download poker software is just as good as the downloadable sites but it does have some limitations. Usually the graphics aren’t as good as the download versions and some features like table sorting and other advanced customization isn’t allowed on no-download sites.
Poker Tracker 3 – Poker Tracking software on Mac
Is it possible? Yes, finally it is. A couple years back they made their software Mac compatible. The Mac Poker Tracker version was ready 2 years ago for all the online poker sites on Windows version. Sites are ported over to the Mac allowing them to be used at any supported Poker Tracker poker room. Poker Tracker 3 is the most popular poker hand analysis software and to my knowledge at this point they are the only one that is Mac compatible.
Which poker site is best for you?
- Best Bonus – If you are a bonus hunter I’d have to recommend PokerStars, Partypoker, or Pacificpoker because of how fast the bonuses are released. At Pacificpoker part of the bonus money is released instantly into your player account when you first deposit. The reason I mentioned the other two sites is because while the bonus is kept pretty small (usually below $100) it is released the quickest without requirements of a bunch of hands to be played for the bonus. Other sites will offer bigger bonuses but at a cost of having to play more hands to get the money released.
- Most Traffic – The poker site with the most traffic generally leads to the site that is easiest to make money at. According to a few poker room traffic-monitoring sites, PokerStars has the most players at any given time.
- Best Software – This is personal preference but to me Full Tilt has the best graphics on a Mac. They have all sorts of good features like different table layouts and avatars. It’s also fun to watch pros you see on TV playing on the tables at Full Tilt.
- Best Tournaments – It is definitely Pokerstars. This is one thing that made the site so popular in the first place. They have all sorts of big money tournaments and sit and go’s going on.
Conclusion: I hope this review of Mac poker rooms has helped you find a site and begin playing poker on the best computer in the world! You’ll love the way these sites run on Macs and how good they look.
Reviewed by Roger Shriver